Well I decided to upgrade my k8s cluster this morning to see what kind of damage I could inflict on the site, well a lot I took it down, I think a huge part of it is, I am only running 2 nodes and they are 2×4(2CPU, 4GB of RAM) and there just wasn’t enough resource once the rolling upgrade began. Also once the upgrade was complete my front end deployment was still broken I am running a service mesh and it seems the proxies timed-out waiting for resources, so the deployment was half up half down; luckily this was a simple fix, kubectl rollout restart deploy my_deploy again I think the core issue here is just not enough resource in the cluster.
Well the migration to Kubernetes is complete the blog is now running on a managed k8s cluster on DigitalOcean. I will have some write ups on how I got here and where I go from here, but for now I’m just monitoring the blog to see how it performs, and make certain there are no security holes. I did very quickly find the source of my WP admin slowness thanks to a nice little WP plugin QueryMonitor again much, much more to come.